- The tank. Yes, we have a huge in-ground tank that is currently an above ground tank. But next Tuesday our excavator is coming out to replant the thing and put in some safety measures to be sure we do not have a repeat
- The pumps and plumbing nightmare. We have a spare pump and all of the parts that we need to make the repairs here and our plumber is a family friend who is just waiting for the phone call that we’re ready for him.
- The electrical nightmare. The electricians came out yesterday and made the needed repairs so we once again have power, which means the greenhouse is no longer like the surface of the sun!
- No pool. I have found a local Y that is NOT currently having their pool cleaned and to honest I might continue to swim there. It’s a smaller pool and swimming with MK and KB will have to wait a couple weeks, but the people at this Y are extremely friendly and nice. It is also the Y where a friend of mine and her husband workout, so I get to see them too.
- Work. Work is stressful right now, there is a lot for me to learn and not traveling is a huge adjustment. But I get to be home, be with my family and friends. And things will get better; I need to remember that this is all new.
- The boot. Yes I have to be in it for another month, but Doc is happy with the progress and I get to wear it less and less and by the end of the month I should be out of it. Hopefully 8 weeks in a boot will keep me out of surgery!
- The greenhouse roof. I “think” I may have found a solution to our roofing problem. I did a test run on a section of roofline that we frequently have problems with and it seems to be working well.
- My shoulder. I still have no idea what I’ve done, but it felt good enough today to try my swim workout. The swim went well, really well. Now we’ll see how angry it gets this afternoon, but hopefully it just needed a break.
Shit happen (yes, I said shit) and today will bring its own set of challenges, so will tomorrow and the day after, and…you get the point. The haters and the doubters are guaranteed to be right if I really call it quits. So while today might not be my best day, it is still my day to with what I please. I can sit down and do nothing and perhaps I should, maybe give both my mind and my body a day off, but that’s not really my style. My workout is done for the day, and it went pretty well, now I just have to keep my mind focused and not be distracted by all the noise and chaos around me.
Life is all about perspective. For instance, I can look at this from the perspective of the doubters, the ones who like to tell me all the reasons this little adventure is a waste of my time, money and energy. Or I can chose to see it from the perspective of those who believe in me, the people who see more in me than I do. The easy way is to listen to the doubters, it takes no work at all to quit.
Good thing I never do anything the easy way! =)